Show Mobile Navigation

Social Share Icons

About Author (Do Not Edit Here!)

, , ,

Meet The Nigerian 17-Year Old Student Who Was Offered An Admission By All 8 Ivy Schools In US

NCC - Sunday, April 05, 2015

The 17-year old Harold Ekeh is a Nigerian high school senior who has been accepted into 8 Ivy schools in US. He is having a tough time deciding which of the schools he will be attending.

he told CNNMoney:  "I am leaning toward Yale. I competed at Yale for Model UN, and I like the passion people at Yale had." 


 Ekeh, who actually got into all 13 schools he applied to, including MIT and Johns Hopkins is facing a great challenge now; decision.

 Harold says he wants to major in neurobiology or chemistry in college and later become doctor and, ultimately, a neurosurgeon. He was named a 2015 Intel Science Talent Search semifinalist earlier this year for his research on how the acid DHA can slow Alzheimer's.

Speaking about his early life in Nigeria, The young chap said;

"We had a fairly comfortable life in Nigeria, but they told me we moved to America for the opportunities like the educational opportunities. 

"I am very humbled by this," Ekeh said. "It's not just for me, but for my school and community. We can accomplish great things here." 

tagged: editorial,scholarship,Nigeria, Harold Eken