Show Mobile Navigation

Social Share Icons

About Author (Do Not Edit Here!)

[EDITORIAL] I Never Planned to Seduce My President...Seyi Shay

NCC - Saturday, March 07, 2015

After being tongue lashed by fans and some social commentator, singer, Seyi Shay has come out to defend herself over the indecent dressing she wore at President Goodluck Jonathan visit to Lagos recently with celebrities.

The singer explained to Punch newspaper that she is a respectable lady and would not go as far as wanting to seduce the President with her outfit.
She stated that she had two outfits for the event but wore the short outfit because she was to perform explaining that what transpired between her and the President was because she greeted him in his native language and he was surprised to hear that.
According to her, “I am a very respectable young lady and I was not in any way trying to seduce the President with the outfit I wore. I had two outfits for the event, one was for my performance and the other was worn after I performed. The dress I was pictured in with the President was what I wore during my performance.”
I came on stage and greeted everyone according to their culture and I did the same for Mr. President. He was impressed and he asked where and how I knew how to greet in his native dialect and I said I learnt it. That was what brought about the giggling and smiles in the picture. I’m a performer and what I do on stage doesn’t reflect my everyday life. I had two outfits on that day and it was a youth event. Who wouldn’t feel overwhelmed meeting the President? Well, I did and I felt honoured because it is not every day you get to meet the president of your country,” she said.